Hello

Stop lurking and announce your existence

Moderators: Committee, Moderators

Mappy
Chibi Mascot

Hello

Post by Mappy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Mappy from Reading so not exactly appropriate for me to join this forum until I mention that I visit Basingstoke every Thursday to watch anime with a friend and I've been in the Basingsstoke Observer a few times and will be in the Basingstoke Gazette this month or early next as I'm up to all kinds of things.

Anyway. I found my way to you after visiting the Red Garden Manga website, a shop here in Reading that I'm actively supporting by unloading some of the stuff I've collected over the past 10 years there to sell for charity and/or myself to help pay bills.

If anyone's interested then do have a google for Martin Hopley Basingstoke Observer and you'll find a story or 2 about me.

Cheerio,

Mappy

sadie
Editor

Post by sadie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Hullo. Are you planning to come along on a tuesday?

paul belsey
Player

Post by paul belsey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Greetings.

I go down to the Red Garden once a month and saw some stuff that could is proberly yours.

Hope you can come down on a Tuesday.

Mappy
Chibi Mascot

Post by Mappy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Sadie: Unfortunately, due to money constraints, I only get to Basingstoke on Thursday afternoons (returning to Reading in the late evening.) Plus I'm 32 years old and I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to be there :)

Paul: Quite possibly, I think every plushie in that shop used to belong to me (certainly, every Hello Kitty doll is, I picked them up from all over Japan so no-one in England will have them!) There's a ton of badges as well which are going for charity, something I avidly support because I've got some special friends in Niigata which isn't a million miles away from Fukushima. When I was over there last May, you could sense the fear in the public but it was also reassuring that there was a very strong attitude of getting on with life and helping each other.

sadie
Editor

Post by sadie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Mappy wrote:I'm 32 years old and I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to be there
Then I'd best quit as well in a couple of months. Who wants to run the society next? :)

Mappy
Chibi Mascot

Post by Mappy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:03 pm

sadie wrote:
Mappy wrote:I'm 32 years old and I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to be there
Then I'd best quit as well in a couple of months. Who wants to run the society next? :)
I've just had a look at your photos (from 2007!) and I hesitate to say that you lot look like the old school anime meets that I used to go to 10 years ago, which if true would be the coolest discovery I've made this month!

I'll have to seriously think whether or not I can get to one of your meets on Tuesdays.

Mappy
Chibi Mascot

Post by Mappy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

In case anyone wants to see my holiday pics from Japan then please friend me on Facespod:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000933334931