Hellew

Stop lurking and announce your existence

Moderators: Committee, Moderators

lyra
Chibi Mascot

Hellew

Post by lyra » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi, long time anime fan, always lived in Hampshire. I'm hoping to come along to the anime screening some time.

I used to watch anime nearly everyday at uni and really miss watching new stuff, I'm interested to see anime I haven't seen before and get back in the loop. I'll watch basically anything except stuff like Elfen Lied where I drew the line. I'm not 'up-to-date' apart from Attack on Titan and One punch man, I'm following the manga on those.

Some favourite anime I guess will show my age;
Escaflowne, Ruroni Kenshin, fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto (if you exclude the filler it's a 10/10) Berserk , Revolutionary Girl Utena, Fruits Basket, Sailormoon, Inuyasha, Evangelion, alll the Ghibli films, that funny bad Devilman dub, really old stuff like Rose of Versailles, I'm also working through Saint Seiya

sadie
Editor

Post by sadie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Hiya! Welcome.

It sounds like you'll fit right in, since at least some of us are old farts who remember Utena and Fruits Basket when they were new. Or at least, as new as could be, since translations in those pre-streaming days would take months, not hours.
Oh, did I say that out loud?

lyra
Chibi Mascot

Post by lyra » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:53 pm

Heya thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping to come along this coming tues the 18th. I'm glad there are other 'old farts' ;) I *found anime in 2003 around when my Lord of the Rings obsession was starting to subside, just in time. I remember torrenting one tiny episode of something would take about 30 hours on my connection, ahh.

* Well that's when I learned what anime was and started downloading it. Technically it really started with pokemon on channel 3, or the Moomins or Dogtanian or something. As a child I did see that NOTORIOUS early dub of Nausicaa on vhs (and loved it) and the true-to-the-original-story anime version of 'The little Mermaid' where she kills herself, that was a bit upsetting for a 5 year old :lol: .

sadie
Editor

Post by sadie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:28 pm

lyra wrote:and the true-to-the-original-story anime version of 'The little Mermaid' where she kills herself, that was a bit upsetting for a 5 year old :lol: .
Kids need tramatising sometimes. It's good for them. :twisted:
Oh, did I say that out loud?

NoviceOtaku
Non-Blood-Related Sister

Post by NoviceOtaku » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Happy belated welcomings to The BAS!

I'm James, the stranger sat at the other end of the table. You probably see a lot of post by me on this forum ^_^