Discussion of anime series and films

Moderators: Committee, Moderators

MrChom
Androgynous Bishounen

Yet More Anime Of The Year Stuff....

Post by MrChom » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:04 pm

This time it's the Anime News Network MEGA POLL with obvious winner:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/survey/613/result

Good to see Death Parade so high up, but don't really know much about Noragami Aragoto in the top 3....

NoviceOtaku
Non-Blood-Related Sister

Post by NoviceOtaku » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Death perade might be anomally but its the ususal anime thats in constant lime light, that always at the top.
I watched the first series of noragami recently, it ok. Animation is nice, characters are good, just a lil' slow on the story. Maybe that might of changed in the second season.

MrChom
Androgynous Bishounen

Post by MrChom » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:28 pm

I got bored this morning and decided to make my personal top ten of the year for twitter. Thought I might as well post it over here as well: http://imgur.com/gallery/ccK2Y

NoviceOtaku
Non-Blood-Related Sister

Post by NoviceOtaku » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:21 pm

MrChom wrote:I got bored this morning and decided to make my personal top ten of the year for twitter. Thought I might as well post it over here as well: http://imgur.com/gallery/ccK2Y
Wow! a lot of constructive comments on that post -_-
I've only watched 4 titles in your list. Here's my top 2015:

10. Owari no Seraph
I love the background art in this. The first episode has an almost cinematic feel to it but a little slow halfway. Yet I wanted to watch the next episode and the next and the next. CAUTION!!! There are some mild undertones of BL later on in the series.
9. Death Parade
You were dancing to the opening just then, weren't you? A lovely visual interpretation of Japanese outlook on life, where our actions in life affect everyone around us and have consequences in the afterlife. If you happen to die at the same time as someone else, then you have to ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky punk? This anime isn't going to change your world but should be seen.
8. GATE
A unique twist where a magical medieval kingdom invades 21st Centuary Tokyo via a... Gate. Although this quickly falls flat and Japan turns the tables. I love the juxtaposition of the two eras, although sometimes the fan service can get in the way of the plot (just a little)
7. Assassination Classroom
How do the Japanese keep creating unique original content. Laughter is a guarantee but you start to wonder why someone who want to destroy the world, cares for his low achieving students more than their original teachers.
6. Chalotte
Another original anime form Visual Key and a vast improvement from Angel Beats. Although it was hard to form an attachment to the characters within 13 episodes, there were still some emotional scenes but failed to bring me to tears.
5. Koufuku Graffiti
A lovely anime to sit down to and relax, after the working day. A day in a life series of girls, and their experiences with cooking and eating food (even if it can get a little passionate at times). Studio Shaft have excelled again.
4. Yahari - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
Second season with just as much sarcasm, social awkwardness and witty comedy.
3. Non Non Biyori Repeat
If you love the first season then this is equally as good or should I risk saying its even better.
2. Owarimonogatari
Continuation of the Monogatari series, done by studio Shaft. More great stories but a lot of characters had little or no screen time.
1. Working!!!
I don't understand your logic if you dont love this series.

MrChom
Androgynous Bishounen

Post by MrChom » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:58 pm

NoviceOtaku wrote: Wow! a lot of constructive comments on that post -_-
I've only watched 4 titles in your list. Here's my top 2015:

10. Owari no Seraph
9. Death Parade
8. GATE
7. Assassination Classroom
6. Chalotte
5. Koufuku Graffiti
4. Yahari - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
3. Non Non Biyori Repeat
2. Owarimonogatari
1. Working!!!
Interesting list. I'll probably try Owari no Seraph at some point, Death Parade is just great, Gate is on my maybe watch list, AssClass....I tried and just couldn't get into it, dunno, maybe just not my bag. Charlotte's on at BAS so I'll see that later, Koufuku Graffiti...seemed a bit high on the inappropriate noises for my tastes when I saw bits. SNAFU not seen the first season, Non Non Biyori I await at BAS, Not seen any of the Monogataris or Workings, though. Have heard very good things about Working.

As for the comments....this is the Internet, you get used to people being assholes :D